Monday, August 9, 2010

don the life vest

My friend, Jen, sent me this awesomely awesome video.  I'm convinced a film maker was deeply moved by my recent post: the saga of the OFFENDING HAIRBALL (the feral cat sneaking in my doggie door and trying to murder me, the Texan and Doxy.  And give us ringworm!) and made this video as a lasting tribute.  YOU MUST WATCH IT!!  Now.  It's short.  Have your Depends ready.

short cat video

Thanks, Jen.  Give me just a second to clean this milk off my monitor.  Geez..I haven't had anything spew out my nostrils since grade school!  Yeah, thanks a lot.......sniff, sniff

On to other matters.
If you fall in the water, I hope you have a kind hand
















AND a trusty life vest to help you out. 
Buckle up your life vest....it's going to be a watery ride!  wha-ha-ha-ha!!

















I've been thinking about one of my 'life vests'.  Something I strap on regularly to help me swim.  It's so SIMPLE....yet that is the beauty of it.  All of you probably already know it.  It's the Serenity Prayer.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

There's more to it, but that's the jist of it.   Serenity.....sounds so inviting.  So NOT like the world we live in.  The prayer has helped me survive many a watery pickle.  I'm a big believer simple is better.  Even in prayers.  Don't know what to pray?  Don't worry about being fancy....just try this.

Life-vesty love to all this week.

2 comments:

T.J. said...

Only the most awesome bloggers can start our a post with THAT video and end with the serenity prayer- oh and toss in RD in a life vest in the middle of it all!!!! :)!!!

THanks for throwing me a life vest, friend :) and a laugh to boot!

Shrinky said...

Yup, they sure do have sharp bits (giggle)! I've never, ever seen a dog in a life-vest before, too cute for words, he could even double up as a handbag, once dry.. too, too funny!