Wednesday, October 13, 2010

run for your life

Played golf in the Land of Enchantment last weekend.  The scenery, food, company and golf courses were first rate.  Some of the signs around the course amused me.
Does the Texan look like he is staying aware or does he look scared s**tless?  He ain't afraid of no venomous snakes!
Moi....staying aware.  They really don't want you to waste time looking for lost balls.   Snakes here, don't bother searching for errant balls....move along.  Be aware-not afraid or running around like a chicken with his head chopped off!   Calm awareness is key.
Here are some other potential dangers to bring to your awareness.  Try NOT to be frightened.
robgolf
Sorry, Texan.
possum
Caught this criminal one evening while I was trying to trap ANOTHER feral cat who shows interest coming in my doggie door. I released him for good behavior...he inhabits the hill behind my house.
Fair! 114a
This awareness poster somehow reminds me of the next awareness poster.

001a
Fair! 007a
No blog post is complete without
card shark1
The card shark wiener dog!  I KNEW you'd complain if I didn't include her in your awareness.
self portraits 062
Be VERY afraid.  Run for your life.......

mashed-frog
Remember.....practice calm, safe awareness the remainder of this week. Hopefully, you won't meet a rattlesnake or a runaway golf cart.  Stay safe, people.

1 comment:

Shrinky said...

OMG, coming from a place where the worst outdoor threat to my safety is perhaps being stung by a wasp (and even then, only in the summer months), my jaw is gaping at the casual way that sign "reminds" you to be aware of instant death!! Eeeek!

I love, love, love these pic's, especially the one of your baby with the gambling problem - too funny (giggle).