Sunday, February 28, 2010

why I am like a pixel

Great events this weekend.  Mom's 83rd birthday party Friday night.  We ate surf and turf. Here's Joy
You keep on tweeting Craig Ferguson until he responds....O.K.?

I learned to do this with my Photoshop for Dummies book
Impressive, huh? See what you can look forward to if you keep reading this blog?

On Saturday evening I attended a lecture given by the author of The Shack, Wm. Paul Young.  I read his book some time ago and I heard he was a wonderful speaker.  He spoke on redemption and forgiveness....who can't use more of that?  He shared with us his purpose in writing The Shack was to get folks out of their own particular religious paradigms when thinking about the love of God.  That's why he made God 'a big black woman' in his book.  Mission accomplished.  He had some humorous insights into God and the whole male/female 'thing'.  Paul movingly spoke of God's vast love for his creation.  He said there is no one else on earth who can reflect God's love in the same unique way as you can or in the same unique way as I can.  He made the analogy of each one of us being a pixel....like the little light points on a computer screen.  We each project our own special reflection of God's love....and God's love is so immense and immeasurable that it takes each person on earth to reflect the true picture of His love.  Wm. Paul Young's story is astounding and he moved me.  If you ever get a chance to hear him-go for it.  Thanks Paul, for coming to share with us and here's wishing you continued success.

Sunday brought church and some time with the middle sprout at the movie Crazy Heart.  Jeff Bridges was outstanding in this story of a washed-up, alcoholic country singer, Bad Blake.  The music was authentic (we KNOW our country music in Texas!) and so was the dialogue....yew allrigh?  yeah, ahm allrigh.......I've known some characters just like Bad in my life and it all rang true.  The daughter and I finished up Sunday with some time at the gym treadmilling while watching USA vs Canada in the gold medal hockey match.  Great game.  Ohhhh, Caa....naaaa.....daa!

That's it. I'm inspired. I'm redeemed. I'm gonna be the shiniest pixel ever. Have a great week.

No comments: