Wednesday, July 21, 2010

american pawtriot

The problems started after this post.
 
First it was innocent questions like 'how do you spell unalienable'?  Or 'can we watch the HBO series John Adams?'  It progressed to her hounding me to drive to the library to check out The Federalist Papers......then it snowballed to last Monday.  That's when she balked at her Whole Earth Organic Soy dog food.

Why aren't you eating your dog food?
*Pointy nose in air*  I no longer care to observe Meatless Mondays.

But Roxy-Doxy, we agreed....we're doing our part to prevent global warming and cut down on CO2 emissions in the form of bovine flatulence.

Global warming is a hoax.  Have you checked out the pictures of Al Gore's new ocean-side mansion?
Doesn't appear Al's too worried about the rising ocean levels or how he's going to earn his next massive speaking fee hyping the hoax!

Her sassy, self-confident tone stung my ears.  This wasn't the Birkenstock-wearing, NYU-graduating canine I'd grown to love (she is acquaintances with the Olsen twins!).  I contemplated the sudden change in Doxy's political views (while standing in front of the book shelf nonchalantly blocking her view of my copy of An Inconvenient Truth).  Where was the blissfully uninformed, so easy, so compliant....so.....moderate wiener dog? Studying her wiener behavior the past few weeks, a disturbing pattern began to emerge.
Like the hot day we came inside after an energetic game of tennis ball and



http://www.flickr.com/photos/47352955@N03/4813848264/

I found her at my desk reading The Drudge Report. 

 
Whateryou doing, Doxy??!
Can't trust the lamestream media to tell the truth....gotta dig it out for yourself.
I've heard it's right-wing and full of nothing but propaganda!
C'mon...wise up and smell the dogcrap...THAT's what we're being
sold on TV.

Another day, I was greeted with this shocking sight.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47352955@N03/4813214373/


 






















Nooooooooooo, haven't you heard she's a moron?  Can barely put a sentence together.  How could she possibly write a book?
Gotta respect a lady who can field-dress a moose.  Makes moose chili. Drives ice machines.  Don't you think Todd's a hottie??  I don't care what she can see from her house-she's a winner.  Wouldja get me a SARAH! bumper sticker for my dog bed??
She pronounces the title Growling Rogue.  Dimwit.

Speaking of field dressing a moose, I found Doxy nosing around this a day or two ago.http://www.flickr.com/photos/47352955@N03/4813220775/


What do you think you're doing, little lady?!http://www.flickr.com/photos/47352955@N03/4813220775/ 


















Brushing up on calibers of ammunition for my NRA small-bore rifle competition.  I'm taking the test next week-hafta love the 2nd amendment!


Roxy, why the change in political views?  Ex-as-per-a-tion  I thought you were a registered blue-dog Democrat?  What's up with the constitutional questions, monitoring Drudge, Sarah Palin, and NOW small-bore rifle ammo??!  Is it because the NAACP and the Democrats played the race card on the Tea-Party last week?  Is that the reason for switching to the 'dark side'?  It disgusted you they played the race card?  Now, you're becoming one of THEM?!

Cocking her head after listening intently to my questioning tirade, she wheeled around on her stubby doxy feet and hightailed it (ears flopping) to the game closet.  She rifled through the shelves, scurried to her piggy bank, raided the liquor cabinet, grabbed a cigarette and ran to the breakfast room table. OBSERVE the doxy mind at work:
So much for the race card.  I never claimed she was the sharpest rawhide in the doghouse.
Pawtriot love to all this week!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Hi! I'm visiting for SITS. I can see where you're having a hard time defining your niche. You're very unique and I'm loving that! I'm quite worried about Roxy Doxy! Are you familiar with "Sleep Talking Man" blog? That's very different and very funny.

mythopolis said...

Not sure what to say here, or how much. I suppose one can be anti-Gore, there are contradictions in his life (mine, too, 'cept I am no celeb), but global warming to me, cannot be viewed as a hoax.

It's ok to have guns. I like to hunt. Here, it becomes a ridiculous legislative issue as to whether one should be able to carry a gun into a bar, or a public park. Big waste of tax-payer's money. I live rurally. Hunt small game, now and then. But, can't imagine why I would feel I should carry a gun into a bar. If you are not out hunting, leave your guns at home.

Cute puppy! Mine is a squirrel dog!