Tuesday, December 28, 2010

a bloggy anniversary

Self-aggrandizing.  That's how the Texan described my idea for this blog post.  Read on?.....you decide.

I'm shouting from the tippy-top of my chicken coop:
On a Chicken Wing and a Prayer is celebrating it's one (1) year anniversary!!
birthday cake

A year ago, I was just another middle-aged lady with unwanted facial hair armed with a new Nikon camera and a copy of Blogger for Dummies.  It was an enormously bodacious bite, but I've managed to keep pecking away in 2010.  Naw, I don't have a barnyard full of followers.  Only losers measure success solely by those numbers!  Ever hear of quality over quantity?  Ever hear of sticktoittiveness?
Here's the self-aggrandizing part the Texan was warning you about.  I want to take a moment to recognize some of OCWAP's best moments....chosen by.....me.

Here's some of the best chicken scratch of 2010 
You have a favorite on the list?  Puh-leeze flap your wings and cluck it out in the comments section.  It would tickle my gizzard to hear your cock-a-doodle-doooo!

BEST QUIZ POST
1.  dog or dishrag?
2.  are you suffering olympic withdrawal syndrome?

BEST PHOTOGRAPHY POST
1.  in the meantime-part deux
2.  rising above

BEST ROXY-DOXY ARGUMENT
1.  march madness
2.  addictive as crack

BEST INSPIRATIONAL POST
1.  don the life vest
2.  gracias Senor!

BEST LIST POST
1.  leapin' what? 6 lessons we learn from frogs
2.  10 questions-is it love or obsession?

BEST SATIRICAL STORY
1. frenzied fawn gets his whup ass on
2. mountain mysteries

BEST INFORMATIONAL POST
1.  day in the life of a show horse
2.  signs, signs, everywhere a sign

POST ABSOLUTELY NO ONE UNDERSTOOD (but still makes me laugh.  Ever hear of  Our Town..... Thornton Wilder?  You know the famous play??  nevermind
1.  our (prairie dog) town

Loved this year of blogging my guts out.  Loved learning about my camera.  Mostly, I've loved sharing the craziness (and effective facial hair remedies) with you.  Your comments have continually cheered meYou readers make my day...uh...year.

Again, cluck out your favorite, if you are so inclined.

New Year's love to all.  My resolution, you ask??  Put down the camera and walk away from the prairie dog......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say self-aggrandize away!!! Love
the beautiful pictures you're making and the funny, quirky
commentary. Happy 1st Anniversary
and keep on beating that drumstick,
no I mean chicken wing.
Laudi, laudi

Anonymous said...

Para bens para um ano. I loved it all!!! Just keep shooting and writing.
beijos

Anonymous said...

don't put down your camera...I look forward to the 2nd aniversary...love you and your observations about life!

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Happy Anniversary, Kate!

Meg at the Members Lounge said...

Happy Blog-a-versary from the snowy North!

Shrinky said...

Keep clicking that camera, Kate, ALL your posts are fab! Many congratulations to you, here is to another great year of blogging ahead, eh?